A Day In the Life of an ICMI Student will include:
- 1.5 hour Orchestra Rehearsal (string students)
- 55-minute Technique Class
- 55-minute Chamber Music Rehearsal with a coach
- 15 or 30 minutes of Individual Instruction, depending on which Program Option is chosen
- Optional Fiddle Group Class and/or Body Mapping Session
- Performance Opportunities
- Social Activities and hang out time
A Glimpse of the Weekly Schedule:
Jun 29th: First day for ICMI players. Come to the ICMI location, Rennies River Elementary at your scheduled time and meet the other students and join your first chamber and orchestra classes. Expect some evening social experiences too!
June 30th: Another day of Chamber and Orchestra for ICMI participants. Join the NLSI players for a kick-off play in!
July 1th-5th: This starts of week technique group class, master class, chamber music rehearsals, orchestra rehearsals and any option classes you have registered.
Evening Social (TBA): Social Activity for the students! Last year we had pizza and a bonfire. This year, we’d love to get your feedback to see what you’re interested in doing on Saturday night.
July 4th: The ICMI Concert will take place featuring the Chamber groups, solos and orchestra!
July 5th: The ICMI orchstra will perform again for the students and families at the final NLSI final concert.